CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Worst weekend ever!

I have never been so glad to come back to work in all of my life! We had a rough weekend.

It started out on Thursday, when I had parent teacher conferences for all of the kids. The girls were fine but then I had Colin's. It seems my son is a mess. He is having quite a few behaviors, and they want me to have him tested for ADHD. Now Hannah has ADD and I am very familiar with it all through work and Hannah. I guess I knew that Colin was exhibiting these behaviors but I was in major denial. So what do I do? I burst in to tears in front of the principle and teacher. I guess its one thing to think it in the back of your head and another to have it put in your face.

Friday I get to work to have the school call and Lily is crying and in pain. I take her to the doctor and sure enough, double ear infection :)

Saturday we went shopping for a new couch. Dragging 3 Thomas children through store after store was awful. Many a fit was thrown ( yes a few of those might have been mine)

SUNDAY was the worst. Hannah comes in asking about sex. After I recovered from my heart attack I start asking questions. It seems that the older boy across the street told my 8 year old how to have sex. That being said he is a good kid and I do believe he was just telling her about it and wasn't trying to do anything. So we got to have "the" talk with my 8 year old. While we are doing that Colin comes running in blood everywhere. He was climbing a tree in the yard and he jumped and I guess his finger tried to stay. I freak out and start saying we have to go to the hospital. Of Course Mr. Firefighter thinks he can fix Colin all up. Fast forward a couple of hours and Colin's finger in huge and the fat in his finger is trying to come out the gash. We take him to the hospital. I don't know if ER waits are as fun in Cali and Utah as they are here in KY but we were there for ever. We got quite a few dirty looks for waiting to bring him in and Colin got 6 stitches in his little finger, and he is on antibiotics. We didn't get in bed until late late late, and then I got to get up and get everyone ready for school because of course Jason was on shift today and that means I am alone.

Sorry for the rant, I just really need a nap and possibly another vacation :)

Hannah and Lily at a Halloween thing we froze through on Saturday night.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Man... that was a rough weekend... seriously when it rains it pours eh! That's crazy that you had to give the "talk" to your 8 year old! I'm dreading that day I know I'm gonna butcher it. I hope everything works out for Collin and the ADHD I know that can be a lot of work... emotionally and timewise.

Kelly said...

You poor girl! When it rains it pours. I am dieing that he gave her the sex talk! Hugs and kisses for you and Collin. I know it will all work out. Your a great mother.